Tuesday 20 March 2012

Ricardo Fonseca - YO

 

Until yesterday, I had never heard of Roberto Fonseca.
I came across a newspaper review describing him as an electrifying performer who mixes Cuban rhythms with music from around the world.
I immediately made a note to myself to check out his music.
Fonseca is a Cuban Jazz pianist  whose current work further experiments with a mix of electro and analogue sounds.
I have to admit, I myself am not a big fan of Jazz, mainly for the fact that I sometimes just don't get it's rhythms. But after listening to a couple of tracks from his new album 'YO' (Spanish for 'I' or 'Me'), I immediately fell in love.





How can I describe Fonseca and his talent??
Stunning!




Roberto Fonseca is touring Europe to present his new album 'YO'  which was released on 19th March. 
For those who are intersted, his tour dates are as follows:
  • 23/03 Gateshead UK The Sage 
  • 24/03 Manchester UK RNCM 
  • 26/03 London UK Barbican 
  • 28/03 York UK Theatre Royal 
  • 29/03 Brighton UK The Dome 
  • 30/03 Bristol UK St. Georges 
  • 1/04 Birmingham UK Town Hall 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Bluehost Coupons