Friday 9 March 2012

Women Who Rock: My Top 5

In the African music industry, women tend not to be as successful as their male counter parts. So since yesterday was international women's day, I thought I'd share with you my top 5 female influential African music artists.

  • #5: Perola (Angola)

I love Perola's elegance beauty, voice and music. And she definitely for me carries the flag for female musicians in Angola.


  • #4: The late Brenda Fassie (South Africa)

My mum was and still is a BRenda fan. Regardless of her age and petite little frame, this woman had energy that not even I could handle. A great lost, but nevertheless she left us with some good music.



  • #3: Cesaria Évora (Cape Verde)

The grammy nominated cape verdian barefoot queen who we tragerdly lost at the end of last year. She Will never be forgotten.



  • #2: Sara Tavares (Portugal/Cape Verde)

I love Sara Tavares with all my heart. Her music, though simplistic, gets the message across. Beautiful.



And drum roll please....

  • #1: my fave artist, Nneka (Nigeria)

This should be of no surprise. What more can I say?! I LOVE NNEKA!


Celebrating women everyday.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Bluehost Coupons