Sunday 11 December 2011

Nostalgia: Bonga - Hora Kota

It's been a little over a year now since I was in Luanda visiting my family, and words alone cannot express how much I miss being there with them.

This track, 'Hora Kota' from Bonga's new album is as nostalgic as it gets.
Growing up with parent's (Especially my dad) who practically had Bonga's album on constant repeat throughout my childhood, it only makes sense for me to love the mans music myself.

This weekend I had a laid back session with my daddy dearest, going through his old records, and conversing about his childhood back home.

This track, Hora Kota, especialment portrays exactly how I feel when I think of my fathers land, Africa's deep identity, and the importance of knowing these roots.
The calm melodic tune mixed with Bonga's husky voice as well as the lyrics gives it that beatuiful emotional feel.

Enjoy!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Bluehost Coupons