Tuesday 17 January 2012

Mixtape Tuesdays: Dj DJeff and Silyvi


I have to say...I'm obsessed. No lie. If its possible to fall for a Dj just from the music they make, then I guess I have.
You may have noticed by now that I am a big fan mixes which consist of traditional African melodies and contemporary House or Dub. And no one does it better than the Angolan duo Dj Djeff and Silyvi.

The following track Malembe Malembe, has this sweet African old school melody introduced into the soft house beat which I find soothing. The word Malembe comes form a dialect (Lingala) spoken in the northern provinces of Angola and in the main parts of Congo meaning 'take it easy/slow'.



Djeff ft Filipe Narciso - O Semba

Filipe Narciso & Djeff - O Semba (Djeff Mix) by Shakara 


And finally Piluka feat GariSinedima

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Bluehost Coupons