Tuesday 10 January 2012

Mixtape Tuesdays: Diplo


Theres something about Grammy nominated Diplo that I love love love.
He first hit the UK club scene with the replay track of Major Lazer - Pon De Floor


Major Lazer "Pon De Floor" ft. Vybz Kartel and... by DowntownMusic

And I am still not over the recent Major Lazer New Years Mix he did for BBC radio1, which is available to download.

MAJOR LAZER new years eve mix for @anniemacdj BBC radio 1 by diplo
I was educated on Diplo's skills, in mixing world bass with the likes of mainstream beats by my dear friend Boo! Coco! He is pretty much diverse in the music genres that I like, hitting in the likes of Hip Hop, Soul, Reggae, Dubstep, Electro and House.

He also previously teamed up with Dillon Francis and one of my fave latin divaresas' Maluca Mala to create the track 'Que, Que' which is a mix of Reggaeton and Electrical House.
Slightly annoying but a very catch one.

The good thing about Diplo is his diversity in his style of music, catering to most, and toying with world rhythms giving it a modern electric twist.
The future of music in my eyes. 





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Bluehost Coupons