Monday 23 January 2012

La Vie Est Belle

Although at times I claim to be one side more than the other, I can not but love being a mix of two different African identities. I carry with me the wealth of music my parents embodied in me during my childhood.


With my mother being partially Congolese (Democratic Republic of Congo),and my dad being a huge fan of old school Congolese soukous and rumba, I grew up listening to the likes of Koffi Olamide, Pepe Kalle, Zaiko Langa Langa, Defao, OK Jazz, and Papa Wemba.

Speaking of the latter brings me to the reason behind this post. 
I came home today to find my mum watching her favourite movie of all times. 'La Vie est Belle' French meaning for 'Life is Beautiful/Rosy' (similar to the title of this blog :)) 
It is a romantic comedy set in the DRC staring PAPA WEMBA and BIBI KRUBWA and follows the story of a gifted musician who travelled to the city with a aim of forming a Band, on arrival, He was greeted by a sight of a beautiful student BIBI KRUBWA who he soon encounter and immediately established friendship when he called in on a local Bar for a drink dressed in his boss expensive suit.

I remember when I was younger, watching the movie, mostly whilst getting my hair done (don't ask why lol). and listening to the sound tracks in the movie. Musicians like Papa Wemba only reminds me how musically rich Congo is. I swear, it's like every individual is embeded with music and dance in them.

I absolutely love this movie, both for its story line and the sound track, Everytime I watch it, it brings back good memories.

Movie soundtrack

Check out the intro scene below.
Defo a movie to watch.
(English Subtitles)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Bluehost Coupons